Friday, August 21, 2009

Poulan/Weed Eater Barracuda 2595 12A Electric Leaf Blower/Vacuum

What we're looking for in a weed eater is the perfect balance of power and weight; we want a machine with enough juice to get the job done, yet light enough to tote about without straining either elbow or patience. We gave the Barracuda weed eater top marks for performance. With its 12 amp motor and two air speeds (125 and 195 mph), you'll never want for power, and its three-in-one versatility means it not only mulches weeds with a vengeance (as befits a machine called Barracuda), but it's a leaf blower and vacuum, as well. You can mulch debris at a 16:1 ratio into compost-ready material and then collect it in the large vacuum bag that's included. You can also clean your gutters with the gutter attachment (not included). As for the weight department, the Barracuda is moderate; though they call it lightweight, you're not going to want to spend hours using it. On the other hand, it's a durable, well-designed, effective and robust tool.
Customer Review: Great Blower
I have a lot of area to blow off each week when I cut/edge (corner lot, public sidewalks on both sides, driveway, my sidewalks, patio), and had gone through two Black & Decker blowers in five years. I picked this one up simply because it wasn't B&D, and am a huge fan. I've had it for three years and it's still going strong. It's much more powerful (ie. blows more) than the B&D's. I even use it to blow out my garage from time to time and pre-dry the car when I wash it. The only fault I have with it is there isn't a latch to hook the cord onto so the weight of the handing cord can cause it to come unplugged. A minor inconvenience to not replace your blower every couple of years in my opinion.
Customer Review: Weed Eater Barracuda 2595 Blower/Vac
Nice upgrade with the rocker-type on/off switch (use to be a slider that never worked smoothly - especially as it aged). It is excellent in all respects except that the two-piece vac tube continually comes apart while you're working. The tube seems to be more flimsy than it used to be. Other than the tube I'd give it five stars. I've been buying Weed Eater products since 1974 and haven't been disappointed except by a few little details. Incidentally, Weed Eater corporate headquarters is almost impossible to contact.


electric leaf blower

No comments:

Post a Comment